If your child was born between 1 July 2013 and 30 June 2014 and you live within our local area please visit our school office to enrol him/her as soon as possible. Applications close Friday 21st July 2017.
Visit our webpage to find information and the documentation you will need to bring with you. http://riversideps.wa.edu.au/enrolment/
A reminder that the School Chaplaincy service continues to be available at the school. Our Chaplain Mr Bill Rankin is at the school on Monday and Thursday. Mr Rankin can be contacted through the school office.
The purpose of the Chaplaincy service is to;
* provide pastoral care and support for staff, students and families,
* facilitate pastoral support programmes and resources such as;
- the RAINBOWS small group 12 week program dealing with ‘grief and loss’ issues. RAINBOWS provides children with an opportunity to express their feelings in a safe and confidential setting. Grief is a normal human reaction to a significant loss. Frequently children do not express their grief verbally, so it often surfaces in their behaviours, schoolwork, as a physical ailment or it affects their emotional development.
- the BUZ (Build Up Zone) Together, is an 8 week – in class resilience, feelings and bully proofing program specifically designed for Year 4 students. The purpose of the program is to engage the children in collective learning, focusing on the benefits of social skills training and integrating those skills as part of their everyday life.
* Linking schools with the local community, support agencies and organisations.
* to conduct One on One formal and informal conversations with staff, students and parents or other support people where an opportunity is provided to talk about the issues that matter to you.
With current sporting clubs seeking registration from students you may qualify for the following funding to assist with costs.
Information for parents
What are the eligiblity criteria?
- Applicant must be aged 5-18 years.
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card or be referred by a recognised referral agent.
- Applicant primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to.
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area.
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other related costs as identified by the club).
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid.
- No limitation to number of applications per family as long as criteria is met.
Would you like to join in the gift of volunteering and contribute to the school at the same time?
The P&C is actively seeking members.
Please read the attached flyer for further information.
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgP&C Flyer – November 2017
Parents are reminded that the staff car park is not to be used for picking up and dropping off students as it is a relatively confined area and the movement of vehicles presents a major risk in the busy times before and after school.